Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yelp yelped me <3

One of my lists got mention at yelp. Yey!

Social Media Mention WIN!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Have you heard of the 90-90 percent Rule?

To completely take from wikipedia:
In computer programming and software engineering, the ninety-ninety rule is a humorous aphorism that states, "The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time."

That the total development time sums to 180% is a wry allusion to the notorious tendency of software development projects to significantly overrun their original schedules. It expresses both the rough allocation of time to easy and hard portions of a programming project and the cause of the lateness of many projects (that is, failure to anticipate the hard parts). That is, it takes both more time and more coding than expected to make a project work.

It also states that the other variation is: "Some 90% of the code takes 10% of the time allotted, and the remaining 10% of the code takes the other 90% of the time".

Its quite interesting because it does explain a lot. I remember when I was taking graphics programming, making the code would be 20% of the job, the 80% of it would be debugging/trouble shooting. It was quite the bitch.


Anything interesting up with people lately? Because my friend got me into a show called: The Guild. ITs a web sitcom about MMORPGs. I think its mostly interesting if you've had previous gaming experience or if you just love RPGs.

Also my brother is a fan of WoW.