Monday, September 7, 2009

Forty Carrots and Dinner

On columbus day, after "work", I went to manhattan to buy the things students need to buy: a lot of expensive things. However, before my monthly unlimited ended, I decided to finally go to a place I've been dying to go since last year: Forty Carrots.

forty carrots 01

This little place was crowded at 2:30 in the afternoon. But then again, it was a holiday. I'm sure in a normal weekday, it wouldnt be crowded. But the point is, I finally got there. The menu gave 4 options but when I reached the front, there were 5: Chocolate, plain, mango, coffee and blueberries and cream.

Apparently if you got a large, you could get 4 flavors, a medium was 3, and a small was 2. I had to make a quick decision. I went with a plain and blueberries and cream. They were both freakishly delicious.

forty carrots 02

Usually, I would run to Red Mango for my frozen yogurt cravings but I think this place is my new favorite. Everything was very creamy. The plain wasnt as tart as Red Mango's but it was very smooth and rich but not too heavy. The blueberries and cream was my favorite. I was pretty sure that it might as well be a normal soft serve but I love the amount of richness that Forty Carrots had. Other places like 16 handles and Pink Berry tend to get slightly watery. (I guess its fine if you're on a diet) However, Forty Carrots was instant gratification and more.

The height of the fro-yo was the length of my hand. It was freakishly big for a small. And for 4.90 (tax included), it was a steal.

--

For dinner, I decided to steal an idea for this place called Macaron Cafe. A sandwich composed of Goat Cheese, Cranberries, Honey, and greens.

goat cheese and honey sandwich

I did the such but changed it a bit. Instead of a baguette was a ciabatta. Along with cranberries, I added dried figs. What I got is something I'm willing to make again for tomorrow. I made my later of goat cheese almost a quarter of an inch, instead of an inch I was served in the cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment