Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Morning Photography

I'm very anxious about my photography class. I'm the type of person with zero talent, and majority of the concept is from research. But then again, I really like clicking away on a chair for hours.

Its my first b&w photography class and I just want to see other people's work to get inspired. Strangely, its difficult for me to find pictures of work that I like.

Smashing Magazine has a list of black and white photographs that some people would be interested on seeing. However, most of the pictures there I have no personal interest with in style.

I think one of my favorite photographers would always be my friend Emi Nishiwaki. Her work can be found here. She hasnt really been on the photography boat wagon for a while. She told me that last year (around 2008/7) photography was getting really trendy or that style was getting really trendy so she stopped.

There is also this interesting photography magazine that is too expensive to buy. Its called Foam. I bought a copy last year because they were selling back issues for $5 instead of the regular $20. They have a lot of work there that I like also. If you think you're awesome with your photographic skillz, they have an occasional issue called "Talent" and they publish you. Good Luck with that.

Out to Lunch

I made this little number in 2004 when I graduated from high school with no knowledge in photography. I took a 3 day workshop and didnt retain any information. Looking at it, maybe, I could have used a filter. Or make it a bit darker. It has a very sunny day, that day. People came up with some awesome work. I was a little bit 'meh' on my side. But this starts from something I want to grow from.

No comments:

Post a Comment