Monday, October 12, 2009

John Maeda: Eye Meat

I would encourage people to watch John Maeda's discussion on simplicity in TED. Surprising for me to know, he's the president of RISD. I love competition, and I like how I've heard some people say that Pratt is where the rejected RISD students go.

In my opinion, people go to pratt because RI is kind of boring. Its pretty but boring.

Anyway, I felt a bit lied to because John Maeda said that his book, "The Laws of Simplicity" is free online. I cant find it.

But basically he boils it down to a statement: "Simplicity is about living life with more enjoyment and less pain." Personally, it sounds like it parallels with my hedonistic values. However, its a hard balance since everything has a price. Like ice cream = weight gain = iCantFitIntoMyPants syndrome.

Again and again, its always about moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment