Friday, October 30, 2009

Maybe we should all invest in vanity

LOOKBOOK.nu

is a fashion community of people, mostly in their teens to mid 20s, posting pictures of themselves and their fashionista good-days. I have not seen a not-anorexic looking person in this page.

However, it is a pretty page to look at and its interesting to think that, "wow, you take a picture of yourself, tweek it mucho in photoshop (color wise) and post it." I think doing this takes some time and effort. I will admit, I envy those kids there for looking nice and skinny but its too much effort than I can afford to give. That and I think I would feel ridiculous posing out in public holding a "candid" pose for a few moments. I'm good with a shirt and jeans thank you.

I am surprised with the amount of male population in the list. I think most of them are from europe. and I like how sometimes, you can tell when a person is in New York.

But this is still part of my desire to go shopping. I want to go shopping. But alas, I have no time or money. I'll live vicariously through the people at lookbook.nu and pretend that I already did go shopping. (it doesnt work. I really need a cardigan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment