Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Food List

I miss going to new restaurants and bakeries. Its because I'm poor. Life sucks, but I have a list:

1. Definitely check out Levain. Their cookies are really popular and I've been hearing about it since way back. This article in Serious Eats completely reawakened my desire to go there. GAH! Cookies!!!

2. A new food truck is in town. Specifically some where in midtown east. Why I'm interested? Because Diabetes will be my eventual destiny. (Though I hope not, but I just said it.) Its called Street Sweet. I think the most interesting part is that the croissants have different types of fillings O_o; One of them is praline and marshmallow cream. I love how they put the word "clean" in all caps in their about section (with a capital E in their "extremely" in the middle of their sentence".

3. I think biscuits are in. Why? After looking at this picture of Biscuits with milk and sugar from thekitchn, it made me start craving it. OF COURSE THAT LOOKS SO GOD DAMN GOOD! ITS GENIUS! I've never had it before but it does look like the ultimate comfort food even if I'm not a native american. And then I thought, oh shit, I need to buy some biscuits from the best place in the city. Where? I have no idea. I was thinking Popeyes actually. (<-- guilty)

But no, I want quality and fancy. If I'll do it, I'll do it right. I'll get Fresh Milk from the farmer's market and buy the best place to buy biscuits from. But where is a really good question. Apparently Clinton St. Bakery Co. has a section of their Bakery called Neil's Biscuits. Oh shit. <3 They might put so much crack in that (and by crack, I mean butter) but it might be really, really good. I've only eaten biscuits once and for the sake of remembering, I'll but these if I have the time. If not, there's this JPs Big Daddy Biscuits Recipe.

ps. if you bake these biscuits call me. There's nothing like freshly baked goods in the early morning.

4. So there a new German Pretzel Shop in town called Sigmund Pretzel Shop. It made me think of my teacher, because he's german. If he ever misses german pretzels, I should tell him. And maybe he can proof it to me if they do taste german. Apparently, they bake a single batch each morning. The interesting flavors to me are: Jalapeno Cheddar, Cinnamon Raisin for $3.00. I guess that's okay (if its huge). I'm a bit worried about the pictures of pretzel sandwiches because pretzel are usually... salty. =s

No comments:

Post a Comment