Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Food Bonanza

So I ate a lot during halloween. I did not really party (though I attended a party). But yesterday, I spent some time in the city with a few friends and ate shit loads of food.

for breakfast was Shake Shack:

Pumpkin Spice Custard

Shake Shack is a place I frequent. Though it was an important mission for me to go there on october 31 because it was the last day of the month that they would have the pumpkin spice ice cream. And can I say, it was one of the best pumpkin ice creams I've ever tasted. I can taste the diabetic amounts of cream and sugar they place in it. For me, it embodied american autumn-seasonal sweets. (american because of its huge amounts of sugar).

Shack Stack

And, even if I've been to shake shake multiple times, (I mostly go there for the ice cream), I recently tried their Shack Stack, which was basically 2 beef patties and a shroom burger in one gigantic pile of cheesy goodness. I'll have to say that the shroom burger did most of the job in making this delicious. I felt that the saltiness of it just enhanced the flavor and brought everything into a pile of goodness.

For me, what is exciting about shake shack is the ever changing frozen custards calendar. Its like a game of wanting to try everything and discovering new flavors. Sadly I missed some flavors due to the cockblocker called "School." but, really, I could care less. Its just sugary fun when I look for gastronomic distractions in between school work.

Lunch was supplied by New York Coffee and Hotdog.
Generally, I've been wanting to come here for the longest time, because a few weeks ago, I missed on the korean taco cart from LA visiting new york. I will have my revenge. There were a lot of varieties on things that had kimchi bulgogi. There was a burrito-like thing, a burger, a hotdog. I let my friend decide and since we had burger for breakfast, we opted for hotdog.

Kimchi Bulgogi Hotdog

Kimchi Bulgogi Hotdog Crosswise

What did it taste like? It tasted like kimchi with bulgogi and hotdog. I felt that the hotdog was too salty. The bulgogi had very weak flavor. And the kimchi was okay. Maybe a failure at the attempt of an interesting idea but I dont usually let these things stop me. Maybe I'll try to burrito looking thing next time (or the burger :D)

A nice note was that they had mini belgian waffles available. I was going to go for it but instead, my friend and I went to the replacement of Yogurtland next door: Phileo Yogurt

Pumpkin and Lychee Frozen Yogurt

For those that missed Yogurtland, I feel like there was no difference between the two. (even if I had only been to yogurt land once.) But what caught my attention was the goodness that was their pumpkin frozen yogurt and lychee frozen yogurt. I was mucho happy.

Though I did go to L'arte del Gelato for a dessert (after dessert), I'm to lazy to talk about it.

Phileo Yogurt
267 Bleecker St
New York, NY 10014
(212) 206-1824

New York Hotdog and Coffee
245 Bleecker St
New York, NY 10014
(917) 388-3742

Shake Shack
E 23rd St & Madison Ave
New York, NY 10010
(212) 889-6600

No comments:

Post a Comment