Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Comparative Analysis: Almond Croissant

Street Sweet//Almond Croissant

I have considered myself an Almond Croissant Connoisseur. It has been my slight obsession since I first tried one in Fall 2008. Shame on me on not trying more. But Most likely I ate a lot and repeated most of these places. I do love doing comparative analysis on things like cupcakes, ice cream, burgers, roasted pork bun, okonomiyaki and stuff like that. I get very obsessed with certain foods.

maybe I'll do more of it because i do it way to often.

Ranking:
5* MFING awesome
4* Not Bad
3* Average
2* Maybe Not
1* WTF this shit

Ones that I have tried:
1. Tarralluci e Vino - 3*
2. Tartine (SF) - 4*
2. Choice - 4* (its the crunchy top that gets me)
4. Bread Alone - 2*
5. Madeline - 3*
6. Almondine - 3*
7. La Bergamote - 4*
8. Balthazar - 4*
9. Ceci Cela (from Dean and Deluca) -2*
10. Angelique - 2*
11. Street Sweets - 3*
12. Colson Patisserie - 2* (ok. it was unmemorable.)


New Places to Try:

1. Patisserie Claude
2. J'Adore - 23rd and 5th
3. Financier - the macarons in this place are AWESOME
4. Payard
5. Chez Laurence - Madison ave and 38th
6: Bouley Bakery - Their Oatmeal Cookies arent bad.
7. Petrossian

No comments:

Post a Comment