Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nothing Part II

In continuing with the discussion about Nothing, so what is it about Nothing?

Lets pretend that I'm saying what my project is about:

AHEM.
my project is about Nothing as a space occupying space. It is present in its silence. It waits there silently and honestly. And will never try to argue for your attention. I want people to have to really look for it.

I was thinking of having pillars of dense plexiglass in the center of the room. My idea is that, its hard for people to tell sometimes if there is something there because plexiglass is transparent. However, you can tell its there when you really look because things seem a bit distorted.

One thing that I think that parallels with this is that, When you place an object, the negative space moves around the positive form. Thus when a person looks through the plexiglass as they move, the forms move as they move. The plexiglass, one might say, is like empty space itself in its lack of opacity. However it's present because you see that there is a change.

How to make it interactive, I have no idea. I'm still thinking. Leave me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment