Friday, February 12, 2010

This is the start of a new blog.

Kind of. I like blogger's format better than wordpress. I regret saying nothing.

ANYWAY.

This will now turn into a blog that follows through my preproduction. So sue me.

Went by two galleries today. Pretty much was happy with the both of them.

David Zwirner // Primary Atmospheres: Works from California 1960 - 1970

There's something about minimalist, Light and Space art that I deeply enjoy and always feel at awe with. I think its the simplicity. The lack of distraction. The idea that the material was reduced to something so basic.

This was the second time I saw James Turrell. I was very excited.
james turrell2

james turrell1

What drew me in was actually a picture of Doug Wheele's work: Untitled 1969.

doug wheeler

The other room had this artist named Larry Bell, who's work I've noticed in the Moma a few months ago. I think I was too lazy to find his name then.

larry bell


Bitforms // Daniel Rozin
I've seen his wood mirror thing plenty of times whenever I visit ITP's MFA shows. They brag, mucho.

dr2

Though, the concept is still the same. But one of them had a minor difference. When there is a subject, and the subject is in place for a while, the mirrors start creating a ripple like pattern though out its surface. Its quite pretty. Too bad I dont have a video setting.

dr3

No comments:

Post a Comment