Friday, February 19, 2010

Nothing Part III

There is the interesting idea in typography where, the negative spaces form the letters. Its the kerning and the leading that the typographers (some) tend to oogle at.

Also, in food culture, in the topic of food culturally defining people, like vegetarians and the like, what defines them is what they do not eat.

So lets go back to that disintegrating piece of plaster. What defines what is happening to it, (the disintegrating) are the spaces that open from it.

BTW, the idea for the box is not destruction. I think emphasis on destruction is over rated.
The idea was about decay---slow disappearance.

I hate concept art.

Anyway, I think so far, I'm exploring two possible definitions of nothing:

1. nothing as the space that defines the objects in surrounds
2. nothing as the space that in constant movement complementary to the subject.

I need one more... for the sake of senior project...

No comments:

Post a Comment