Friday, February 12, 2010

a post about nothing

Seriously, nothing.

I've thought about it some more and some more, and it made me ask myself, what the fuck am I thinking about?

Basically, what I am saying about nothing?

I guess what I'm interested about is that negative space is a substance in itself. And although it is nothing, and it is something that is commonly overlooked.

I mentioned the example of white noise: though it is something that is atmospheric and is the audio version of negative space, it is a sound that is at the bottom of the hierarchy of your attention. It is something that you hear as you wait to hear what is more important.

Like the air is nothing, however under an angle of sunlight, there are stuffs floating about it.

Nothing is empty.
Nothing is silent.
Nothing is contains.
Nothing is contained.
Nothing is present.
Nothing is something.

It's like that quote in Up, "Sometimes, it's the boring stuff I remember the most." The every day of life that is commonly over looked because of its ubiquity (is that a word?). Silence is the pause that creates the fear when you watch horror movies.

Something that is there but not there. Transparency? Vibration in the air? I dont know~ I generally dislike things that make my brain cells exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment